When you will complete this program, you will be able to:
- Create and manage a portfolio of Indian Debt Instruments for yourself or for your clients depending upon the respective investment objectives
- Understand dynamic nature of yield curve and its implications on a debt portfolio
- Manage risks in a debt portfolio by analysing the impact of variables (including monetary policy, interest rates, etc).
- Apply various passive and active debt portfolio management techniques to achieve your or your clients’ investment objectives
A CA by qualification, Deven is a successful fund manager in Debt Funds having diverse & vast experience of over more than 16 years in India as well as abroad where he managed global investments. Till May 2009, he was the CEO & CIO of Quantum Mutual Fund in India. Currently, he runs-Delta Global Partners, an independent firm which focuses on fundamental and economic research for overseas clients on various asset classes in India and abroad. Deven is avid writer and his publication “The Cutting Edge” is e mailed to thousands of readers across the globe. His articles are carried by various business publications in India. For more details visit www.dgp.co.in.
Deven is the advisor and facilitator of the Advanced Debt Portfolio Management program.
- The program will run over 45 days duration with over 100 hours of learning time required to be invested by you (about 1 to 2 hours a day) in acquiring knowledge and building solutions to problems. (If you cannot commit yourself to this currently, then this program is not the right one for you)
- Reference reading material including files, audio and video (including expert webinars) will be made available along with the program. The readings will comprise of comprehensive material on various aspects of Debt Portfolio Management.
- There would be one 1 hour live discussion forum where the expert facilitator, Deven, will guide you on reading and analysing market signals and information.
- There will be assessments held at regular intervals to help you determine your progress.
- A final assessment will be done at the end of the program and on successful completion you will be granted a completion certificate.
Program Duration: 45 days
The program starts on September 1, 2012.
Who should take this program?
The program requires a lot of active effort and participation from you and hence your commitment is very critical.
- Junior Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Money Managers, Individual and Institutional Investors, Private bankers and financial advisors, Traders
- You should ideally have more than 5 years’ experience in dealing with fund management, trading desk, research and have a solid understand of the basics of Debt markets, instruments and their functioning.
Note: This program will not go into the basics of debt investment instruments or economics. However, reference material will be available.
You are already expected to know
- Basics of Debt Fund Management including procedures of investment, settlement in debt markets along with mastery in basic financial concepts
- Use of financial calculator or financial functions in Spreadsheet/Excel.